Friday, April 2, 2010

Airports...

Well I'm surprised I made a second post. I'm proud of myself.



So as I began my mid-morning ritual of waking up at 10:30, popping some waffles in the toaster and pouring a bowl of Wheaties, I began to think of when I moved back from Australia to here into the USA. Any other time I had ever been in an airport it was a generally happy time, with maybe the exception of my departure from the US to Oz. But when I left to come back to America, the usually chipper and cheery enviroment of the Melbourne Airport became quite a solemn and dreary place. But it took me until this morning to realize that really all an airport is, is a building of emotions. Now somewhere down the line I knew a post would have a John Mayer song in it, but the only true way to describe what I mean is through his song "Wheel"...



People have the right to fly

And will when it gets compromised

Their hearts say "Move along"

Their minds say "Gotcha heart"

Let's move it alongLet's move it along

And airports

See it all the time

Where someone's last goodbye

Blends in with someone's sigh

Cause someone's coming home

In hand a single rose...



See? It got me thinking that airports can play a huge role in peoples lives. If those walls could speak we could learn so much. So many life lessons and so many huge events in peoples lives have passed through those automatic doors and security scanners. And I also think we seem to take for granted everyone elses life stories. I mean if you really looked around and took into consideration other peoples life stories and experiences, you could learn alot. Those terminals are more than just little rooms connecting to a flight, there a means of moving on from one stage in life to another, or giving someone up, or even meeting someone new. There are so many emotions thrown around at airports, and I think its a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment